IIITB forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
IIITB forum

Student run forum for discussions related to IIITB

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Any doubts?

Go down 
+2
asaiatin
Waterlemon
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Waterlemon

Waterlemon

Any doubts? Empty
PostSubject: Any doubts?   Any doubts? EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 4:39 pm

Any non-specific questions will be answered here.
Back to top Go down
asaiatin

Any doubts? Empty
PostSubject: Intergrated MTech admission   Any doubts? EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 6:40 pm

I wanted to know last year's cut-off for the mentioned program. Since there are only 60 seats, i'm expecting High cut-off scores. What was the last all India rank to be admitted?
Back to top Go down
Waterlemon

Waterlemon

Any doubts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any doubts?   Any doubts? EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 2:05 pm

asaiatin wrote:
I wanted to know last year's cut-off for the mentioned program. Since there are only 60 seats, i'm expecting High cut-off scores. What was the last all India rank to be admitted?

Directly down to business, eh?
There were three lists last year, and while they didn't release any official statements, I'm approximating the first list's cutoff to be around 9-10K, about 14K for the second and 16-17K for the third.

While this may appear to give a decent idea of the possible cutoff for this year, please keep in mind that there were a variety of factors that affected our batch that might not play a role for yours. Speculation is unhealthy!
Back to top Go down
asaiatin

Any doubts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any doubts?   Any doubts? EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 3:06 pm

Haha! Yeah, I was a bit anxious and i just couldn't find any stats or any Integrated MTech student for that matter.
And i was thinking that too, and with every year, the popularity will increase hence the cut-off., low awareness last year might have played a big role too. Anyway, Thanks for the reply.
Back to top Go down
Waterlemon

Waterlemon

Any doubts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any doubts?   Any doubts? EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 9:23 pm

asaiatin wrote:
Haha! Yeah, I was a bit anxious and i just couldn't find any stats or any Integrated MTech student for that matter.
And i was thinking that too, and with every year, the popularity will increase hence the cut-off., low awareness last year might have played a big role too. Anyway, Thanks for the reply.

No problem!
And we understand the anxiety; we were there last year as well.
After the competitive exams were done, all of us with too much time on our hands became star statisticians and probability pundits overnight!

Ask us anything else you want to know about the college, we'd be happy to help!
Back to top Go down
asaiatin

Any doubts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any doubts?   Any doubts? EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 12:01 pm

Nice! Helping seniors i must say :-)
So this is a bit irrelevant, how is the internet speed over there? Any data caps?
Back to top Go down
Waterlemon

Waterlemon

Any doubts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any doubts?   Any doubts? EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 7:06 pm

asaiatin wrote:
Nice! Helping seniors i must say :-)
So this is a bit irrelevant, how is the internet speed over there? Any data caps?

Any time!
And why don't you try posting such questions in the "IIITB Way of Life" section, get that part of the forum going?

To answer it, yes we did have a 20MB per file download limit (but unlimited downloads) a while ago, but I don't seem to have any problems downloading stuff now. To be honest, you wouldn't need anything more than that; academic papers and articles would be the only downloads you'd want to make, as for your media needs, we have a DC++ network with hundreds of gigabytes of data!

As for speeds, we average around 1-2 MBps during peak times like afternoons, and multiples of that at night, but they're still upgrading the bandwidth.
Back to top Go down
asaiatin

Any doubts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any doubts?   Any doubts? EmptyWed May 01, 2013 11:05 pm

Sure. Okay, between, the rank they are asking of JEE Mains for admission, is it the one which is based purely on Mains score i.e first list or the combined list i.e second list?
Back to top Go down
Waterlemon

Waterlemon

Any doubts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any doubts?   Any doubts? EmptySat May 04, 2013 11:20 pm

asaiatin wrote:
Sure. Okay, between, the rank they are asking of JEE Mains for admission, is it the one which is based purely on Mains score i.e first list or the combined list i.e second list?

The website says JEE Mains AIR along with the marks obtained, so I'm guessing first list, but I honestly don't know.
Last year it was based on our AIEEE ranks alone, so probably something of the same sort this time.
They'll probably clear up such matters closer to the admission lists' announcements, which is still months away.
Back to top Go down
bharathi

Any doubts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any doubts?   Any doubts? EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 4:16 pm

Hi,

Your inputs have been extremely useful.Thank you.!
By the way, how would you rate the institute wrt NIT trichy /Surathkal CSE branch for a prospective aspirant? 4 yeras NIT + MS in US is a better combi than iM.tech?
what will be your suggestion?

Also, the faculty profile in way too excellent. Are they full time faculty or industry experts contributing to the institute as guests?

I presume it is more of a industry atmosphere rather than a college. please correct me if my opinion is incorrect.

kindly comment on above. Also, i apologise if my questions are annoying , though not intentional.

Back to top Go down
Aspirant

Any doubts? Empty
PostSubject: Placements   Any doubts? EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 12:45 am

Although iMtech batch has not yet graduated I'm assuming that the placements will be same as the pure Mtech batch or atleast they will give an indication...

Therefore:
1. What are the latest placements for Mtech graduates.
2. Please reply with the avg and the highest.
3. If you can post individual stats that would be great.

Thanks.

Back to top Go down
Waterlemon

Waterlemon

Any doubts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any doubts?   Any doubts? EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 2:19 pm

Aspirant wrote:
Although iMtech batch has not yet graduated I'm assuming that the placements will be same as the pure Mtech batch or atleast they will give an indication...

Therefore:
1. What are the latest placements for Mtech graduates.
2. Please reply with the avg and the highest.
3. If you can post individual stats that would be great.

Thanks.

Check your PMs, in case you haven't already.
Back to top Go down
Waterlemon

Waterlemon

Any doubts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any doubts?   Any doubts? EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 3:23 pm

bharathi wrote:
Hi,

Your inputs have been extremely useful.Thank you.!
By the way, how would you rate the institute wrt NIT trichy /Surathkal CSE branch for a prospective aspirant?  4 yeras NIT + MS in US is a better combi than iM.tech?
what will be your suggestion?

Also, the faculty profile in way too excellent. Are they full time faculty or industry experts contributing to the institute as guests?

I presume it is more of a industry atmosphere rather than a college. please correct me if my opinion is incorrect.

kindly comment on above. Also, i apologise if my questions are annoying , though not intentional.

Check PMs!
Back to top Go down
dishankng

Any doubts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any doubts?   Any doubts? EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 8:40 pm

I have got AIR-13451 in jee mains this year.
Would taking iMtech from iiitb be better than CS(btech) from iiit delhi?(i am from delhi)
Also I may get Software Engineering from DTU.
Please also tell me about the total course fees and placement stats of iiitb.
Back to top Go down
Waterlemon

Waterlemon

Any doubts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any doubts?   Any doubts? EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 2:23 am

dishankng wrote:
I have got AIR-13451 in jee mains this year.
Would taking iMtech from iiitb be better than CS(btech) from iiit delhi?(i am from delhi)
Also I may get Software Engineering from DTU.
Please also tell me about the total course fees and placement stats of iiitb.

Congratulations!

I honestly don't know much about IIIT-Delhi, but I can tell you as much as you'd like to know about IIIT-Bangalore!
Again, don't know much about DTU, but I've gone through a bit of the IIIT-Delhi syllabus, and I'd recommend any of the established IIITs for IT-related courses.

The course fee here (including hostel/mess charges, medical insurance, etc.) works out to a grand total of around 2.2 Lpa for the first three years, then switches to whatever the MTech fees are at the time. This is assuming that no scholarship is awarded to you.

Regarding placements, take a look at http://www.iiitb.ac.in/placement-and-internship , http://www.iiitb.ac.in/placements-statistics and:
Waterlemon wrote:

Honestly, I have no idea about the actual packages that companies offer, there's no data available online.
However, just take a look at the list of companies (http://www.iiitb.ac.in/placement-and-internship), I think you'll get a rough idea of what can be expected.

BUT keep in mind that there aren't bound to be too many similarities between the MTech and iMTech placements. The job profiles won't be even remotely the same. Most of the MTech guys have a few years' experience behind them, so they aren't hired as freshers, they're hired laterally into the company, at positions significantly higher than what fresh graduates can expect. Another point to note is that a lot of companies have profiles for undergrads, and not postgrads (Microsoft Research, for one). Such companies wouldn't have been visiting the institute until now, and I'm sure they'll be interested in recruiting from the iMTech batch.

Anyway, I for one have faith in the institute's extensive industrial connections, graduates from here will be well taken care of. And just a tip, averages don't really mean much if you're near the top of the class or a bottom scraper. The really deserving lot get what they work for, as do those who don't bother. Judging a college by its average packages is in essence asking how it rewards mediocrity (I apologize for the harsh words, but I call it as I see it).
Besides this, I advise you to look at things like scope for research and innovation in an institute. It relates quite well with how much you can benefit by being a member of that institution.
Back to top Go down
abhishek007

Any doubts? Empty
PostSubject: but unlike the other iiit ie hyderabad it must be on the marks obtained in jee mains or not?   Any doubts? EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 10:37 am

Suspect 
Waterlemon wrote:
asaiatin wrote:

The website says JEE Mains AIR along with the marks obtained, so I'm guessing first list, but I honestly don't know.
Last year it was based on our AIEEE ranks alone, so probably something of the same sort this time.
They'll probably clear up such matters closer to the admission lists' announcements, which is still months away.
Back to top Go down
Waterlemon

Waterlemon

Any doubts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any doubts?   Any doubts? EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 12:00 pm

abhishek007 wrote:
Suspect 
Waterlemon wrote:
asaiatin wrote:

Sorry, I wasn't really in touch with what was going on back then. Its the overall JEE Main rank, I'm sure.

From the website: Admissions to the Integrated M.Tech. programme is solely on the basis of All India Rank announced under the Joint Entrance Examination JEE (Main) - 2013 results, conducted by CENTRAL BOARD OF SECONDARY EDUCATION.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Any doubts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any doubts?   Any doubts? Empty

Back to top Go down

Any doubts?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
IIITB forum :: General Stuff :: Admission Information-
Jump to: