IIITB forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
IIITB forum

Student run forum for discussions related to IIITB

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Admission Information

Go down 
+3
Rithesh20
Waterlemon
rockybalboa
7 posters
AuthorMessage
rockybalboa

Admission Information Empty
PostSubject: Admission Information   Admission Information EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 6:44 pm

I Got 197 In Jee Main....and 463 in CBSE Boards
I may get Around 14k-16k rank
Can I Make It Into Imtech Programme
Back to top Go down
Waterlemon

Waterlemon

PostSubject: Re: Admission Information   Admission Information EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 9:16 pm

rockybalboa wrote:
I Got 197 In Jee Main....and 463 in CBSE Boards
I may get Around 14k-16k rank
Can I Make It Into Imtech Programme

Well, by last year's cutoffs, sure.
But history doesn't always repeat itself, so you'll have to wait and watch!
Back to top Go down
Rithesh20

PostSubject: Admission   Admission Information EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 6:56 pm

I got AIR 6471 in JEE Main. JEE MAIN Mark - 165. CBSE Mark - 483. Will i get Integrated Mtech? What are my chances?
Back to top Go down
Waterlemon

Waterlemon

PostSubject: Re: Admission Information   Admission Information EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 8:00 pm

Rithesh20 wrote:
I got AIR 6471 in JEE Main. JEE MAIN Mark - 165. CBSE Mark - 483. Will i get Integrated Mtech? What are my chances?

I'd say really good, maybe even first list!
Just submit the application and sit tight.
Back to top Go down
KP3

PostSubject: Admission iMTech   Admission Information EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 1:17 pm

Hello,

My AIR is 5446 and state rank (Karnataka) is 192. Do I stand a chance in the first list?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
vik_y

PostSubject: Chances of getting IIIT Banglore and average placement   Admission Information EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 6:29 pm

I got 14900 All india rank in JEE Mains. What are my chances to get IMTECH program?

How are the placements?
Is it advisable to leave IIIT Jabalpur for IIIT Banglore?

First rank list is to published on 15th July, any idea when the 2nd rank list will be published? I can wait only until 25th. Please help.
Back to top Go down
Waterlemon

Waterlemon

PostSubject: Re: Admission Information   Admission Information EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 10:22 pm

vik_y wrote:
I got 14900 All india rank in JEE Mains. What are my chances to get IMTECH program?

How are the placements?
Is it advisable to leave IIIT Jabalpur for IIIT Banglore?

First rank list is to published on 15th July, any idea when the 2nd rank list will be published? I can wait only until 25th. Please help.

Again, by last year's cutoffs, you stand a decent chance, but we really have no way of knowing for sure. As for the second list of admissions, I'm afraid that the institute isn't very clear about that. Last year, for instance, many of us didn't even know that there would be a second list! Only after getting an email from the admissions office did we know that we had been accepted. They released the second list about a week after the first one last year.

Regarding IIIT-Jabalpur, I really don't think that its fair to compare colleges on an objective basis and outright state that one college is "better" than another. Everyone has different preferences, and hence different courses suit them on different levels. As for me, I would personally prefer IIIT-Bangalore, for the sheer awesomeness of the opportunities and the environment it presents.

Look through some other resources on our college ( http://www.quora.com/International-Institute-of-Information-Technology-Bangalore-IIIT-B/What-is-the-Integrated-M-Tech-program-at-IIIT-Bangalore-like/answers/2240288 )

In my opinion, as quoted from another PM answer of mine:
Waterlemon wrote:
As far as academics go, I personally believe that this place is the best. Syllabus wise, we're really progressive (modeled after MIT, UC Berkeley and IIT-K), its much more innovation and less rote learning based than the standard Indian College package. If you're willing to go the extra mile, projects that you take up with the professors (yes, despite being in our first year, quite a few of us are working on really cool projects outside the syllabus with our professors. ). Even some of the projects in the syllabus are awesome! (for our electronics project last semester, some of the entries included Laser Tag, a Cookie Dispenser and an electronic locking system, to name a few. We did these things using microcontrollers and cool electronic components, while most of our peers have to be content with measuring impedance on resistors. Our first semester C Programming class included audio processing and robotics, while most other colleges will have you mastering if-else statements! I have the YouTube links lying around somewhere, I can send them to you, if you're interested).

Check your Private Messages as well.

Last edited by Waterlemon on Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edited Link)
Back to top Go down
Waterlemon

Waterlemon

PostSubject: Re: Admission Information   Admission Information EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 10:24 pm

KP3 wrote:
Hello,

My AIR is 5446 and state rank (Karnataka) is 192. Do I stand a chance in the first list?

Thanks

As per last year's cutoffs, definitely!
But your State Rank plays no role in admissions here, though, just thought I'd point that out.

Good Luck!
Back to top Go down
KP3

PostSubject: Re: Admission to iMTech   Admission Information EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 10:50 pm

Thanks for the encouraging news! Hoping for the best!

Just thought i'd mention- we were asked to enter our state rank in the application, thats why I had placed that info alongside the AIR rank Smile
Back to top Go down
Waterlemon

Waterlemon

PostSubject: Re: Admission Information   Admission Information EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 10:57 pm

KP3 wrote:
Thanks for the encouraging news! Hoping for the best!

Just thought i'd mention- we were asked to enter our state rank in the application, thats why I had placed that info alongside the AIR rank Smile

You're welcome!
Check your PM inbox, btw.
Back to top Go down
dishankng

PostSubject: Re: Admission Information   Admission Information EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 5:42 pm

I have air-13451 in jee mains and I have been placed among the 20 students who are in waiting list.Do I have a chance in the next round?
And also tell me about whether I should prefer iiitb over Mathematics and computing at dtu.
Back to top Go down
Waterlemon

Waterlemon

PostSubject: Re: Admission Information   Admission Information EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 8:11 pm

dishankng wrote:
I have air-13451 in jee mains and I have been placed among the 20 students who are in waiting list.Do I have a chance in the next round?
And also tell me about whether I should prefer iiitb over Mathematics and computing at dtu.

They have already released a second list, and if you were in the waitlist in the first round, you probably would have got an admission offer by now.

Check http://www.iiitb.ac.in/IMTECH-results-web-02.pdf to see if your roll number is there.

I can't really comment on other colleges, but it sounds as though the other course you mentioned has less of a CSE spin to it, and is more focused on Mathematics.
You'd get better exposure to hardware here (ECE) as well, and can even opt to specialize in ECE over CSE for your final degree if you want.
Back to top Go down
vgvg

PostSubject: Re: Admission Information   Admission Information EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 1:02 am

dishankng wrote:

IMHO, I feel DTU is one of the best college in the country matching the IIT's in many departments and the exposure at DTU is the best in the country.It's a bonus if u are a delhiite and get DTU.
Also,MCE is offered in few colleges and therefore has large demand.
Also u might end up getting SE at DTU this time around.
Best of Luck!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Admission Information   Admission Information Empty

Back to top Go down

Admission Information
Page 1 of 1