IIITB forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
IIITB forum

Student run forum for discussions related to IIITB

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

B.Tech from NITs or B.Tech IIITs or M.Tech from IIIT-B

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
san65

B.Tech from NITs or B.Tech IIITs or M.Tech from IIIT-B Empty
PostSubject: B.Tech from NITs or B.Tech IIITs or M.Tech from IIIT-B   B.Tech from NITs or B.Tech IIITs or M.Tech from IIIT-B EmptySun May 26, 2013 8:21 pm

Hi

Please help me know how you decided whether to do

1. B.tech from NITs
2. B.Tech from IIIT
3. M.tech from IIITs

If you can further elaborate how to choose between CS/IT or ECE. Need help.

A prospective student
Back to top Go down
Waterlemon

Waterlemon

B.Tech from NITs or B.Tech IIITs or M.Tech from IIIT-B Empty
PostSubject: Re: B.Tech from NITs or B.Tech IIITs or M.Tech from IIIT-B   B.Tech from NITs or B.Tech IIITs or M.Tech from IIIT-B EmptyTue May 28, 2013 1:05 am

san65 wrote:
Hi

Please help me know how you decided whether to do

1. B.tech from NITs
2. B.Tech from IIIT
3. M.tech from IIITs

If you can further elaborate how to choose between CS/IT or ECE. Need help.

A prospective student

Quite frankly, you should know better than anyone, as to whether you want to do CS/IT or ECE.
Look through the syllabi of both, decide what you find interesting. Same applies for your question on which course to opt for.
Most institutes have their courseware up online in the academic section of their websites, check them out and see which ones you find interesting, speak to people from the institutes about their experiences there.
Getting tailor made courses to fit you perfectly is a little difficult, however, you can get an idea of what kind of material is out there, and what kind you'd prefer.

That being said, please feel free to post here and ask about any specific or general queries you have related to academics and courses, we'll be happy to help!

I can tell you that over here at IIIT-B, we spend the first two-three years studying a common IT core (which comprises of units from both ECE and CS, so we can dip our toes in both pools before deciding which one to jump into), before deciding what field we'd want to major in. I can vouch for the course here being really well structured. The fact that there's only one course to initially opt for here (an iMtech in IT, with various electives to choose from later on) in the first couple of years pushes important decisions like what field(s) to take up to a point in the future when you'll have a much better understanding of where your strengths and interests lie, in order to make an informed decision.

So take a look around, get yourself acquainted with what you'll be dealing with in different institutes, and do come back and post here for firsthand experiences with classes and courseware you can expect at IIIT-B (the official website isn't particularly informative, I'm afraid).

Good Luck!
Back to top Go down

B.Tech from NITs or B.Tech IIITs or M.Tech from IIIT-B
Page 1 of 1